Tired Tuesday

dit657
on 4/11/11 11:15 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks Lynn, and that is truly the way I'm leaning right now. The more expensive house is a little smaller, but it has the screen room over the pool and the pool area is much larger, and I'm thinking in Flordia we'll be spending more time outdoors than in. That house also comes furnished, plantation shutters on ALL the windows so I wouldn't have to worry about curtains and those things. And even if the furniture isn't to my taste I'm sure I could live with it for a while. The other house is a little bigger, but we know up front the sprinkler system isn't working, the exterior needs painted, some of the rooms are a bit 'rough' and right now the owner has her 2 grown children and a couple of grandchildren living in it, so god only knows what they would do before moving out. My sister also said the Florida room is used as a smoking room, so the carpet would need to be replaced (we don't smoke) and the ceiling at least painted or scrubbed.

So yes, I'm definitely leaning toward the other house right now - I'm in the process of making up a couple of spreadsheets!!  I know, it sounds anal, but that will really help me wrap my head around the whole process. Sadly the owner and/or realtor of the house I'm leaning toward has only put one picture of it on their site. So I'm guessing I'll be making a trip south next week to look at both.

When we met with a realtor in February down there we found out how difficult the process is now for buying a second home - fortunately for us my brother's girlfriend has very generously offered to either lend (gift) us the 20% down payment or buy the house outright and hold it until we can sell ours and buy it from her. Of course we'd pay her interest, etc. - so these are all things I need to work out.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 4/12/11 3:56 am
Kathy, I would definitely go with the nicer home from what you have said. The screen over the pool would be a huge item, I imagine. And personally I could not handle the smoke issue...

Plantation shutters sound beautiful!

We went with Quicken loans, and they worked fast as long as we stayed RIGHT on top of the documentation they wanted. We worked on stuff every night, i swear! They did ask for documents related to every bank deposit we made and the source of the money. We did get a FL attorney to handle the closing and he helped us a lot.

Also, I suggest making your offer contingent on the appraisal and inspection. We got I into an issue with the appraisal and it ended up costing us more out of pocket than planned. After the inspection, the sellers had to make seveal repairs and pay for a new dishwasher.
dit657
on 4/12/11 4:16 am - Boothwyn, PA
Yes, the more I think about it the more I am leaning toward the nicer home - it's much newer (11 years) and honestly doesn't sound like it needs a thing. I know those screen rooms are very expensive, as are plantation shutters. The landscaping is lovely, and overall it just sounds nicer. Of course you pay for nicer, but you get what your pay for. I'm not thrilled about the smoke issue, either, because even with painting and all that smell is still everywhere. And I just think that house needs too much work.

Right now our 'mortgage' company is my brother's girlfriend - she has come into a large sum of money and hasn't invested it yet, and is looking for something to earn her more than the average money market or CD - so she would actually be handling the purchase/inspection/etc of the property. We have a lot of details to work out with her.

I do think I'm heading south next week to look at both houses - in my heart it's already the newer one but to be fair to myself I will check out both. And if its meant to be, it will happen.

Thank you for all of the wonderful advice!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 4/11/11 10:00 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning Nicole and pa!  Hey Nicole I hope you are doing well and figure out if there is anything going on.  Sometimes we just need to recharge. 

Nothing major planned for me today.  Gonna wor****il 3:30-4:00 then head home.  Doing P90X tonight, chest and back I think.  I woke up this morning and weighed myself, 265 is the number for the day.  That was an unexpected suprise.  Love it.  Went to volleyball last night.  There werent very many of us so we ended up playing 2 on 3.  I was on the team with just two of us for two games in a row.  I was working extra hard!  Sweating like a ***** in church!  It was great.  Still amazed at my cardio and improved health. 
Ok, thats it for me.  I hope everyone has a great day.  Stay dry and awake!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 4/11/11 10:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nicole and all of PA - Hope you get some answers from the Doctor Nic - sounds like it is time.

I had a relatively calm night last night.  Wasn't even on the computer that much.  Sat down about 8ish in front of the TV, was asleep by 8:30 and at 10 was told it was time to go upstairs........Went to sleep again.  Then, I rolled over and looked at the clock, it said 6:30 - I thought it was strange that the alarm did not go off, so I looked outside and thought, hmmmm....it is pretty dark to be 6:30, rolled over to check Larry's clock, it said, 1:10, checked my phone, it said the same thing - I have no idea what happened - but somehow my clock was all messed up - I was QUITE pleased to find out that it was still early enough to go back to sleep - so I fixed my clock, and rolled BACK over and was out until that ACTUAL time of 6:00.  VERY strange.  Larry said he may have done something to it on Saturday morning when I had forgotten to turn off the alarm and I was at Beth's.  Oops - oh well.....

I am at school, then headed to the synagogue, still about 5 weeks of THIS left to deal with......tonight I will crash when I get home....who am I kidding?  There will be a new Zuma Blitz board and I will have to try my hand at that!

Happy Tuesday all! :)
enasangels
on 4/11/11 10:57 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Nic hope things get better for you.
Lisa great job, if I was in Pa more often I would have to join that group, I am having a hard time sticking, so losing the last few pounds is difficult, but you are doing great.
Kathy, don't know what to tell you other than I have already made my decision, and am now going thru the changes I need in my Tn. house, and am lucky enough to have met someone who can handle most of the changes I need and want and will do them when I am up in Md. or Pa.  Good luck with your decision I know it can be difficult, as my husband is the same way, although he is able to do some of the work, he does not have the time to go down there, still trying to unload this business in Pa. which is a lost cause.  Don't know what will happen if he does not even make enough money to pay the taxes on the place for second year. (his sisters names are on the property, but do not help in any way, which is another story totally).  I will pray you will find a good decision and be at peace with it.
Mom and Dad are home and the kids are really excited.(me too)  A free day for me to go find something to do, for taking care of the kids resumes tomorrow nite when Mom and Dad are both back to work.  Maybe I can walk today before it starts to rain, and possibly a trip to the Mall for a pedi., then a trip to the library.  Hope you all have a good day, and Ida I am praying for a good outcome for you.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

lynnc99
on 4/11/11 10:58 pm
Poking my head out from under the rock here after quite a while away....actually I was on the road for work last week, took the weekend to celebrate granddaughter Lilly's first birthday in Vermont, and then had a work commitment up in Mass yesterday....after which I drove ALL THE WAY home. Total drive yesterday was 520 miles....plus work. Needless to say I rolled in late and am starting slowly today.

Off to the gym here in a minute, and I may even get my nails done. Then...hunker down with the e mail and about 5 "must do" tasks for the day....

It feels great to be home. Mike had the hosue looking great when I came in last night and I appreciate that so much.

Later this week I have some major meetings in Philly, but I can't even let myself think of that right now. A day at a time and a little gentle time is what I need first.
bvohl
on 4/11/11 11:17 pm
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

Nicole, sounds like a trip to the dr might be in order! Take care of yourself!!
Lisa- CONGRATS on the weight loss! All your hard work is paying off!

Yesterday was a typical Monday. Work, home, homework with Dee, and dinner. After dinner Dee wanted to show me how she was doing on her bike. Well, she is finally starting to pedal on her OWN! We were so proud of her but more importantly she was proud of herself!! She said that she needed some "Mommy" encouragement, which made me feel so good! In a week, she will be EIGHT!! Cannot believe it!!!!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then home to watch my story for a bit, then pick up Dee early and take her to the dentist for a check up, then drop her off and go to my rehearsal at the college. I should get home a little after 9pm. By then, it will be making lunch and maybe a little FB time, then crash for the night.

Have a GREAT day!!!

Love you all! Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 4/12/11 12:37 am - Croydon, PA

Good morning, Nicole and PA.  Hope you called your doctor for an appointment by now, Nicole.  OA for me tonight too.  I'm looking forward to it!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patricia R.
on 4/12/11 1:45 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nicole,
I am sorry you are having a rough time right now.  Hope the OA meeting helps you. 

Today is a lazy day for me.  Resting my foot, which is still bothering me.  Have some calls to make to doctors' offices about the pain, and an allergy med refill I need.  Nothing exciting.

Last night, my Mom tried to tell me to get out and socialize some.  I tried to explain that with the pain in my foot, I can't go out to Bible study, or do the volunteer work I normally do.  She kept saying I don't have a life.  I volunteer for two charities, and am part of a Bible study, plus AA.  I also belong to a wonderful church.  But, with all of the pain issues, I don't go out the way I would normally.  Mom kept ignoring that and insisting I need to go out and do things.  So much for empathy.

Have a nice day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views